Posted on Apr 27, 2009 | Comments 3
Pain or tingling effect in your fingers or feeling numbness in your hand or fingers is called carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
The carpal tunnel syndrome causes some kind of loss of sensation in your hands, fingers and wrist portion.
You cannot move your hand properly or use it for force, lift weight or write for long hours.
‘CTS’ is caused by repetitive finger and hand use in wrong positions for long hours.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is closely related to computer usage. Most people who spend long hours before computers and use keyboards and mouse extensively with their hands and fingers suffer from this problem.
The median nerve that passes through the carpal tunnel which is the narrow passage underside your wrist gets compressed. Besides rigorous use of hands in awkward position, CTS can also happen if a person is suffering from obesity, diabetes, arthritis, and hypothyroidism.
Women tend to have symptoms of CTS during pregnancy (second trimester). Regular treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome are available which include painkillers, massage with some balm or ointment, injections, surgery in worst conditions etc.
But mostly people try some effective natural remedies for carpal tunnel syndrome in home at the initial stage.
The natural treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome are simple in nature. You don’t need to take any harmful analgesic. Natural remedies include simple exercises in home, use of old traditional practices like acupuncture, acupressure, yoga and others.
The natural remedies can help you get rid of hand pain, numbness or tingling sensations. Before we discuss the traditional natural remedies let us see what precautions you should take in your home to avoid the worsening of condition.
- If you use knives and other cutting tools in your home keep them always sharp. This will not impart huge pressure on your median nerve in the wrist.
- Don’t hold a pen or pencil too tightly while you write. It is better if you wear a wrist splint at night to avoid unconscious twist and turn of hand.
- You can apply ice pack to aching wrist and fingers to lessen the pain and swelling. Hot water treatment is also effective in lessening the inflammation and pain.
- Include Vitamin B6 in your diet. B6 is a good vitamin for such conditions and help your body remove the toxins and lactic acid.
- If you are overweight, try to shed some weight. If you work for long hours before computer, take breaks for stretch and perform some stretching exercises of fingers.
Traditional natural remedies for carpal tunnel syndrome:
In this natural treatment a perfect acupuncture specialist (acupuncturist) will insert some needles into specific position of your body and hands.
The Acupuncture treatment has been effective in releasing the pain, numbness and tingling. It increases blood circulation and natural pain relieving.
This is also based on the same principle of acupuncture just minus the needles. Here the specialist would put pressure on specific areas to relieve your pain and inflammation of carpal tunnel. It is basically done by fingers, some blunt objects they specially possess.
Your wrist, fingers and hand would be pressed in such a comfortable manner that you would get rid of pain in no time.
Posted in: CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME