Posted on Nov 24, 2008 | Comments 8
Whether you’re into trendy or timeless pieces, use your laptop on the road or at home, the range of laptop stands is multiplying as fast as technology and design allow.
1. Thanko Laptop Fan Stand: The latest from Thanko’s innovative range of USB gadgets, this solid, functional aluminum/steel laptop stand also has the added attraction of USB Power.
Fitted with two fans which blow room-temperature air into your hot laptop, the state-of-the-art stand keeps your laptop cool while keeping it on a convenient pedestal at the same time. Adjustable for normal desktop use, the laptop stand has accordion folding legs to make it ultra-flexible.
[ via: Thanko ]
2. DIY Laptop Stand: A boon for those who need to take work on the road, this DIY car stand holds your laptop at an adjustable angle to prevent you from hunching over on your seat in an uncomfortable position.
Made from PVC pipe work which can be twisted around for easy use both as a GPS sat-nav and for rest-stop typing, Merle’s nifty device is not very attractive, but it is extremely user-friendly.
The GPS receiver has a retractable USB cord attached with velcro to the laptop case for navigation, as well as Microsoft’s Streets and Trips 2007 and a data connection via a cell phone to facilitate the sending of emails.
3. Belkin Cooling Laptop Stand: By lifting and separating from your laptop, this Belkin cooling stand provides a cool wind to de-heat your laptop.
Reasonably priced, the laptop is lightweight and is powered by your laptop’s USB port. Unique in that it draws heat down to push it out, the fan pushes hot air upward through a channel which is created by means of a wave design which connects it to the stand. [ via: BELKIN ]
4. Airboard: Designed by Ki-Seung Lee, the “Airboard” pump action laptop surface allows you to adjust the built-in pump to mould your lap to fit the activity you are engaged in, whether it is reading, writing/drawing or surfing the web.
Adapting to where you sit, the Airboard’s height can be elevated or deflated eight ways. Streamlined with a pump, cushioning and board which is as suitable for coffee bars and hotel rooms as it is for music venues.
Designer: Ki-Seung Lee
5. Laptop At Home: By separating business and travel users as two different laptop functions, Mike and Maaike, a San Francisco-based design duo, have designed a new ‘Laptop at Home’ line for Belkin.
Recognizing that the use of a laptop is different at home and away from it, the CushTop, PocketTop and Sleeve Top products have come up with a range of designs, which address comfort, color and posture to suit your environment.
The PocketTop, with its soft protective hatch which doubles as a handle, provides easy access to the ample storage space. It has a generous storage space for mouse, power supply, pens, and notes and Lift pads raise the laptop for increased airflow.
The CushTop, has a wedge-shaped cushion that protects the user from heat and improves your typing and viewing angle, while the hollow side pockets keep your power adapter safe and act as handles.
The SleeveTop is like a sleeping bag for laptops and provides added comfort on the couch, bed or table, while lift pads raise the laptop to increase air flow. Light handles allow easy transport portability and the laptop can be used without removing it from the case. [ via: mike and maaike ]
6. Fingers Notebook Stand: Made of clear acrylic, this nifty stand is equipped with top-notch ergonomics. The sloped keyboard enhances typing comfort and processor ventilation, while the screen is raised closer to eye level.
A major bonus is the laser-cut pattern of slots at the back which accommodate loose computer cables and keep them from hampering you when you move it. [ via: oof deisgn ]
7. IRIZER: Working on a laptop in an uncomfortable position for hours can wreak havoc on necks and wrists. For those who can’t afford sophisticated tables or stands, Matias has brought out the iRizer, a slim and convenient adjustable laptop stand that is also portable and folds up to just 14 mm.
Only .55? (14mm) thick, it fits with your laptop easily if you need to take it to an appointment. There are four different adjustable positions available, so you can select the one which will grant you the most comfort.
Matias has also brought out the MiniRizer, a credit card-sized version of the iRizer, that can be used for iPods, cell phones, PDAs, business cards, or just about any small object. [ via: Matias ]
8. Inclinepro Mac Laptop Stand: Made of aluminum, Industrialized Nation’s Inclinepro Mac Laptop Stand for Mac laptops only weighs about seven ounces and can be made compact if you’re traveling.
It is made of the aluminum, so it weighs around seven ounces and can be made compact for easier travel. It raises the laptop, angles the keys to provide for better ergonomics and provides longer battery life by transferring heat away from the computer.
The Inclinepro custom fits various Mac laptop models, providing access to all ports and slots: iBook, PowerBook, MacBook and MacBookPro and 13″, 15″ and 17″ sizes. [ via: inclinepro ]
9. IDesk laptop stand: Specially designed for laptop users who use an external keyboard and mouse, the IDesk ergonomic laptop stand keeps your laptop upright position, and protects against visual fatigue and neck and shoulder diseases with a comfortable seating arrangement.
With six levels of adjustable inclination angles and an integrated USB hub with four to seven ports, the portable computer holder can instantly turn your portable computer into a trendy desktop computer. [ via: iDESK ]
10. Laptop Overlap Tray: Ideal for bloggers or anyone whose home office is a sofa, this portable surface accommodates your laptop, has a trough for your newspaper and place for your cup of coffee. The bone shape cutout allows for left- or right-handed use. [ via: moderntots ]